About That Bootleg Artist Mix Iron Man figure (from TOUMA x Hot Toys)


"Bootleggery" rears it's head in a new form, this time as a Artist Mix figure, featuring the designs of TOUMA for Hot Toys! Truthfully I am dying to own the entire series, but a "bootleg"? Although I am not too surprised as vinyl figures often get replicated (unlike Hot Toy's uber headsculpts for 1/6 hahaha) … "Thero Dennis" shares with us the story of how the figure came about, and we have snaps to share as well! Note that no actual names are used (this is not a name-n-shame post) nor will any be divulged here (by myself anyways), but is meant as a reference to your purchasing considerations.
"… I bought (this) from ebay actually. That guy posted a bunch of official photos of this product, spotted a 98.6% positive rating which had 1000 plus reviews, and were at half the price. I thought, well, it could be a bootleg, but it's worth a try. So i went ahead to buy it. But then..." -shared Thero Dennis.

"The product was claimed to be shipped from Singapore, which isn't. China to be specific. Then when you message the seller, he doesn't reply. The 15USD shipping fee does not come with a box. He messages you to ask 5USD for it to come with a box (which I refused) and thus the squashed condition. Then when I received it, (a) damn poor quality of a bootleg it is. Nowhere near to a real (item). Like I don't mind a bootleg, but this kind of quality is really bad. You don't even want to put it on display."
"Then I messaged him to ask for a refund etc, but I guess other than giving him money, he won't reply to your messages. So I decided to lodge a complaint to paypal and get my money back. Hahaha.

Then I bought the real one from a Hongkong seller. So much more trustworthy, though it cost more, at the original price though!"
-added Thero Dennis.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK